Saturday 21 January 2012

Lobbying

Another Con! Sod it! The snivelling Tories are at it again! We were promised a cull against unfair lobbying of politicians @ Westminster. What happens, after oodles of cash has been spent on a review, is 10 pages (after all the guff is eliminated) of business as usual. The lobbyists pals of MPs can take them out to dinner, chat them up after copious alcoholic incentives (not to mention potential private underhand financial deals), and cut a deal to do the bidding of any old private company with a vested interest in lawmaking. Some people must have voted for these deceitful b.....ds but I can only find one I know, who has admitted to it! Needless to say, she is off my Christmas card list. Bl...y LibDems are worse because they pretend discomfort but go ahead and vote for crass policies anyway. I know one or two who voted for them; me included. Worse decision I ever made since I started fighting for decent NHS provision in the wilds of Argyll about 40 years ago. A hiding to nothing as no-one listens....aaagh!

1 comment:

  1. Spot on Pat. Bernard 'Call me smug' Jenkins was on R4 on Saturday complaining about the way MPs are portrayed as greedy bastards (my words). This example shows up his words for what they are - cant and humbug. There are far too many with 'outside interests' including Milibean D and Blunkett. Shame on them. A big clearout is needed.

    ReplyDelete